Here is some help to show you how to properly remove the glue from your lace front wig after you have removed it from your head with the proper strength remover.
How To Prepare Your Lace Front Wig Before Removing the Wig Adhesive or Glue
You first have to prepare by gathering all needed supplies before you begin.
- hair tie
- wide brush
- 100% acetone
- medium size bowl
- paper towels
This process can take about an hour to finish all sections so take your time. Certain glues and heavier applications can take longer to dissolve. Remember your wig has to be treated gentle to prevent damage.
- Comb your wig out first place the hair in one large braid.
- Put 100% pure acetone into medium size bowl.
- Soak only lace and adhesive of one section for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove any remainder of glue off with your fingertips.
- Repeat for next section until done.
- After glue removal is done wash lace wig.
Some methods seem strange but may be what works when nothing else does. Remember on method does not work for all. There are different types of glues, tapes and lace materials that have to be considered. Look below.